“Ziggy was instrumental in turning around and retaining a declining/departing business using his keen strategic ability and strong leadership skills to drive change. His ability to gain trust is his biggest strength.” Mark Modesto Former President FCB North America.
builder • doer • fixer
Energetic and driven Creative Marketing & Advertising Executive with a wealth of knowledge... I have lived agency... been positioned as the Client... built a successful business. My track record illustrates proven expertise in all areas traditional & social/digital for domestic and global advertising, marketing and execution. Examples of my accomplishments include positioning brands, building teams, and driving revenue.download resume
Director of Marketing ServicesResponsible for Digital, Paid Media, Creative Development/Output, Production, Organizational Structure & Workflow Process
- Determined baseline analytics for work flow throughout the department.
- In-house creative execution for specific high priority medical service line, including advertising, media planning/buying, print/collateral, outdoor and digital program.
- Established new working process with agency media team, bringing oversight in house.
- Reduced external spend on creative development and video production in excess of $750,000
- Built team of 16 into group of over 40 staff within marking services primarily by addressing deficiencies and/or bringing traditionally outsources work in house.
VICE PRESIDENT – GLOBAL CREATIVE ADVERTISINGChampioned company’s social and digital marketing evolution…Overhauled company’s complete advertising and brand positioning…Developed and launched creative worldwide strategy…Transformed complete internal infrastructure
- Increased company’s Google trend search 150%
- Propelled Kangaroo to #1 in Company and Best in Brandtale in Fashion Vertical
- Integrated new global multi-channel advertising campaign across all channels – social, digital, & traditional
- $5M Budget give back within just 18 months
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT – DIRECTOR OF CREATIVE PRODUCTION SERVICESIncreased quality and creative output for industry’s largest creative production organization…Boosted social / digital business… Blended / streamlined digital and traditional departments…Transformed agency perspective
- Delivered 10% revenue increases within 1st year and increased profit center studios by 7%-10%
- Realized 25%-40% savings on Global Production
- Boosted digital business on clients - Kmart, Sharpie, BlueCross BlueShield
- Drove change from traditional to a global perspective with social/digital inclusion
CREATIVE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER / PRESIDENT / FOUNDERBuilt an award winning production and creative services company…Established brand positioning…Served as primary creative think tank…Captured blue-chip advertising clients…Recognized with notable awards
- Built from the ground up. Achieved revenues of $10M within just 8 years
- Secured clients such as Leo Burnett, BBDO, DDB, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy & Mather, FCB, J. Walter Thompson, Dieste
- Recognized with awards: Webby, CANNES Short List, Sundance Film Festival, AICP, Addy
- Expanded offices to Chicago and LA
VICE PRESIDENT – INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT DIRECTORRetained an exiting client...Multiplied billables…Revitalized stewardship positioning…Aligned internal matrix of offices and services
- Transformed client to consumer-centric versus product/price-driven marketer
- Increased billables from $13M to $35M within just 6 months, to over $49M in 3 years
- Executed creative strategies in offices worldwide
- Increased annual comp sales by 7%
VICE PRESIDENT – EXECUTIVE PRODUCERDeveloped comprehensive perspective of advertising and communication…Fast-tracked from associate producer to executive producer…Developed commercial production for key clients
- Clients include Coors Brewing, Kraft Foods, S.C. Johnson & Son, Taco Bell, Payless ShoeSource, Kimberly Clarke, Miles Labs.
Mitch Engel Former CMO/Strategic Officer, ServiceMaster; Former Managing Director, FCB/Chicago“In my 33 years of building marketing teams Ziggy stands out as the most infectious spirit I’ve ever seen in a work place. We asked him to reinvent himself on numerous occasions to fill needs of the organization…he came through every time. He always will.”...
“Ziggy is a rare combination of someone who’s worked all sides of the industry – a person who’s built his own successful award winning creative company from the ground up – a person who took over one of America’s largest creative service departments and drove it to another level of excellence. Regardless of the positions there’s one thing in common
Rob Sherlock EVP, Chief Creative Officer, DFCBMark Modesto President, Ryan Partnership“Ziggy was instrumental in turning around and retaining a declining/departing business using his keen strategic ability and strong leadership skills to drive change. His ability to gain trust is his biggest strength.”...Tony Sharpe EVP, Executive Creative Director Engauge Inc.“I have worked with Dan on over a dozen projects, both domestically and abroad. He’s a consummate professional, and when he is on the job, I know I don’t have to worry about a thing. It just gets done and done right.”...Steve Schildwachter EVP, Global Acct. Director DFCB“He understands clients needs and wants and then gets out and executes. It’s good to know when Ziggy is at the helm. He’s an upstanding guy who always earns trust.”...Kathy Bucaro President, Liquid Iron“He listens well and is masterful at understanding all viewpoints coalescing the information and putting forward the optimal solution.”...Jason Mitton VP, Digital Production, Marcus Thomas"Under his leadership, Zig took Digital from the outhouse to the penthouse, achieving equal status in a very traditional/resistant environment.”...Charley Wickman EVP, Exec Creative Director, Leo Burnett“Need a mountain moved? Want to corner a market? Seriously, Dan makes it look easy. There’s nothing he won’t do, other than cheat or be an asshole, to get the job done.”...